How to ...
... decrease dramatically latency problem by replacing the MS GS Wavetable Synth:
- Download "VirtualMidiSynth" from http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth (or look up the name in a search engine)
- Download one of the free sound fonts, suggested on that same page
- Install "VirtualMidisynth" and configure it as follows:
- make it the default MIDI device
- add the soundfont you just downloaded to it
- In the advanced options tab reduce the additional output buffer. Try to reduce it near to zero!
- Run RMCA Pro or MAAS, select "VirtualMidiSynth" as MIDI-output and enjoy playing nearly lag-free!
... connect RMCA Pro or MAAS with a DAW:
- Install LoopMIDI, a virtual loopback MIDI cable for Windows XP up to Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit, from http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html (or look up the name in a search engine)
- Configure 2 virtual MIDI-ports (e.g. loopMidiPort 1 and LoopMidiPort 2)
- Run RMCA Pro or MAAS and select "loopMidiPort 2" as MIDI-output
- Connect your MIDI-keyboard or your MIDI-controller with RMCA Pro or MAAS via MIDI-input
- Run your DAW and select within one or more track(s) "loopMidiPort 2" as MIDI-Input.
... get more information about MIDI and MIDI-software:
- Musicians should enter Harmony Central® and ...
- Hitsquad Music Software, one of the World's biggest music software site!
- Find many free MIDI utilities at GN Midi Tools for Windows. There is also GNIStyle Shareware to convert RMCA Pro exported MIDI files to KORG i-series keyboard styles (and back)
- Pay a visit to MIDIWORLD.COM