How to ...
... use styles for YAMAHA arranger keyboards with RMCA Pro:
RMCA Pro since 04/2016 imports and processes styles for YAMAHA arranger keyboards. Thousands of those styles with the extensions *.sty, *.psr, *.bcc and more are available on internet for free download. However, since these styles are made for many different keyboards with many different specifications, voices and so on, it is recommended to convert them with Michael P. Bedesem's fantastic MIDIPlayer into General MIDI format.
- Simply select in the player's setup section GM Sound Card (or XG Sound Card) as instrument and GM (or XG) as voice, if you want to use YAMAHA styles with your PC.
- Add (lots of) style files and let them be converted automatically in batch mode in no time.
- Within RMCA Pro, once you have loaded a style, you can combine its main parts, fills, intros and endings as you wish.
- If you want to get out the whole potential of your work within RMCA Pro you must save your variations-sets as rcs-styles (RMCA Pro's style-format).
... decrease dramatically latency problem by replacing the MS GS Wavetable Synth:
- Download "VirtualMidiSynth" from http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth (or look up the name in a search engine)
- Download one of the free sound fonts, suggested on that same page
- Install "VirtualMidisynth" and configure it as follows:
- make it the default MIDI device
- add the soundfont you just downloaded to it
- In the advanced options tab reduce the additional output buffer. Try to reduce it near to zero!
- Run RMCA Pro or MAAS, select "VirtualMidiSynth" as MIDI-output and enjoy playing nearly lag-free!
... connect RMCA Pro or MAAS with a DAW:
- Install LoopMIDI, a virtual loopback MIDI cable for Windows XP up to Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit, from http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html (or look up the name in a search engine)
- Configure 2 virtual MIDI-ports (e.g. loopMidiPort 1 and LoopMidiPort 2)
- Run RMCA Pro or MAAS and select "loopMidiPort 2" as MIDI-output
- Connect your MIDI-keyboard or your MIDI-controller with RMCA Pro or MAAS via MIDI-input
- Run your DAW and select within one or more track(s) "loopMidiPort 2" as MIDI-Input.
... get more information about MIDI, styles and MIDI-software:
- Musicians should enter Harmony Central® and ...
- The PSR Tutorial is for owners of Yamaha arranger keyboards. You will find useful information in the hundreds of pages and tens of thousands of styles available for download.
- Hitsquad Music Software, one of the World's biggest music software site!
- Find many free MIDI utilities at GN Midi Tools for Windows. There is also GNIStyle Shareware to convert RMCA Pro exported MIDI files to KORG i-series keyboard styles (and back)
- Pay a visit to MIDIWORLD.COM